Friday 26 December 2014

Wolfs Pitt Fell Race

Wolfs Pitt Fell Race (16/04/14) 34th

Invited by follow team mates from Staffs Moorlands to do this iconic race in the white peak.  I was hoping for a better result than Edale Skyline...

I rested for this race and got excited, as I always do. After a brief warm up in the chilling wind. We were lined up and good to go.  The first climb was the toughest in the race but a most enjoyable one, as you came see all/most of the runners at this point. Gareth Briggs, James Wood, Craig Jeffery and Jason Burgess all ahead of me.





I tried to put a bit of effort towards the end of the climb, before been surprised by another climb straight after.   After this we were running along the barren and exposed grounds of the peaks. running along paths, tracks, and jumping from stone to stone before going down a steep descent and then back up another long climb the last of the race. This hurt my legs but I carried one to hold my place that I had worked hard to keep. I couls feel the breath of another runner behind and the last descent I knew I would be caught. I was right and was down a place. Lucky there was a climb to the finish, where I managed to gain my place back.

Its easy to see why this is one of best races in the year, plenty of like minded runners and a great route in beautiful countryside.


I finished 34th.

Gareth Briggs in 11th,  Jason Burgess in 14th, Craig Jeffery in 20th, James wood in 26th, Robin Hope in 50th.





No comments:

Post a Comment