Friday 26 December 2014

Langley Fell Race

Langley Fell Race 30/06/14

This is a local race, located in Langley near Macclessfield, it's a short 3mile race which is attached to a village fete. Village Fetes are a common sight among fell races, and there a welcome sight at the end of the race with plenty people watching to do,  and tea and cakes are in abundance. Every fell runners little dream.





I arrived with James Oddy, another Staffs Moorlands runner.  We had a quick warm up and lined up. I decided to go off fast and try to make the most of the climb. I had no idea how long the climb was, but I was told it was 0.5 miles. I thought I could run this, and set off strong and in the lead.  After 0.5miles I could not see the top of the hill, but carried on. After 1mile I could not see the top, my legs were dead, I had no power to keep the lead and lost places. Once I did reach the top I think I was about 7th.

Lesson learnt, do not trust anyone, know the route, do a recce.

On the way down hill, I made a few places but could not catch follow team Oddy to the finish line.

After a few pints and some people watching we departed.

I finished 5th and Oddy finished 4th I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment