Monday 29 December 2014

Christmas Races

Christmas races

Cheddlton Pud run and the Christmas Cracker over the roaches.

The first festival run in the Christmas Calendar was the Cheddleton Pud run. Which is 3 laps around the back lanes in Cheddleton. I had no intention of the doing the race the morning I woke up. As my leg felt a bit tight. So I opted to go to Cave training instead. I went and after I felt great. I then got a text from craig and martin saying they were running. I thought, well I may as well. And thats is what you can not do, do not change your plan, but thats what I did. I should of stayed at home. My legs felt like they had 30 christmas puds in each of them. I felt horrible warming up. This did not bow well. My only hope was that after a mile or so they would come alive.





This was not the case. After a pretty fast start, my legs felt rubbish, and I was tired from the morning session in the gym.  Craig, soon went past, as did a number of runners. after the first mile, I knew I was here for a long day. I slowed down, in the first lap to save my energy. This is unusual as I like to go off fast.  My head was a bit of a blur and my legs ached. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that I have never not completed a race. So I just stayed with it. The second lap felt a bit better and I thought I made some time up. Then it went wrong on the third lap, I thought I was going to collapse, lucky I didn't. I was closely followed Mandy Vernon from Trentham running club. She was giving me a right battle, and I had to push and give all my effort to keep her behind. I eventually made it to the finish line just before her and only to find out that the results put her a head. O well.

I completed the race in  13th in 37minutes and 52 seconds. Craig in 10th in 36:55, martin in 30th in 40:15.






The other Christmas race was the cracker over the roaches.

I wore a dress to race in, it was light and I think it worked well. We won the team prizes. Craig beat in the race once again and thats that. Martin brought me a pint for wearing the dress.








No comments:

Post a Comment