Tuesday 1 October 2013

Ipstones Five Road Race


7th September





So it was the day of my hometown race even though it’s a village. I decided to enter the race because of this.  I wasn’t really in the right frame of mind as I was suffering from an on going pain in my groin, due to an IT band problem. It was also a road race…Not my strength, a fast pace road race at that. I still decided to do it, and I later found out that a few friends from the village were also running, Craig Barks and Carl Barks, they were having the best brother wins race.  I also saw Andrew Sayers, Janson Heath, Lisa Heath, Dean Windsor and Dale Colglough.  All of which I got to know through the summer series.




Ipstones Edge, me and Dean


The race started with a 1 mile ascent to Ipstones edge at this point I felt good, but as soon as I started to descend my leg started to hurt and I thought my race was over.  I still continued to run trying to push myself with out over doing it.  Towards the bottom of Sharpcliff there was a small dog that provide some entertainment for me and Dean. This seemed to stretch my legs a bit more as I thought it was going to bite me. I continue to go steady over the flat parts and tried to work on the ascents. I know the roads well as I have ran around the Basford lanes for some time.  This helped my mental state and I continued to push on the hills and the flats. Not as fast as I would of liked but am happy with the speed I went.


I managed to finish 11th with a time of 31minutes and 42 seconds and I was the first Ipstones person back, so I won a some quinness , happy days.  Andrew managed to bet me  (6th with 30:45) and I managed to hold of Dean who was biting at my ankles all the way round the course. Good race Dean.  Dean finished 13th 31:50.

Craig beat Carl in the battle of brother with a great time of 38:12 finishing 73rd.

photos from Bryan Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment